Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tunnel of Fudge Cake

Week 35

This week's host was Janet. She choose Tunnel of Fudge Cake. Recipe on page 262 of our book.

This post will be short a sweet. Sweet because OH MY this cake was SWEET! And short because my pictures or minimal.

Everything was going smoothly in my chocolate cake making until. . .



my creation crumbled right in front of my eyes. Oh how depressing. I turned it upside down to get the inside of the bundt pan off so it could cool on the cooling rack. It came off a lot faster then expected. I was so frustrated that the cake was headed for the garbage because you can't serve a mud pile to your guests on Saturday night.

My husband stopped me. He tasted some and said it was delicious, even though it looked like a mud pile. Good thing we are really close friends with our guests that night because we served it anyway. Everyone love it! 

I have to say that the picture and name of the cake made my tastes bud water. Chocolate and fudge. . .so yummy, but as I was baking the cake became progressively less yummy. First we added two cups of confectioners sugar, then one and a half cups of butter, then 5 eggs, then one cup of granulated sugar, and THEN 3/4 cup of brown sugar. YIKES! That is close to four cups of sugar in one cake.

The cake was as heavy and sweet as the ingredients. Good, but to much. Not sure if I can bring my self to bake this cake again.

If you have a really big sweet tooth click HERE for the recipe.

P.S. As you can tell by my picture I didn't make the glaze. :)

A Tip & A Question:
  1. Ingredients to a recipe can always give you a really big hint of what the food will taste like.
  2. How did everyone get their cake out of the pan?

1 comment: