Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

Week 24

This week's host was Rebekah she choose Cinnamon Swirl Bread. Recipe on page 107 of our book.

When I saw the recipe choose for this week there was no complaints from me or anyone in my home. Cinnamon Bread is an all time favorite for me. While growing up my Mom used to make it every year for Christmas. She would make it a couple days early and hide it. We weren't allowed to have any until Christmas morning. This made it taste even better. After Christmas morning you can only guess how long it lasted. There is just something about Cinnamon bread that is comforting and super yummy!


It was so fun to try a new recipe. I have my favorite. Link posted on the left hand side of my blog. This one sounded just as good so I decided to make the double. One loaf of Cinnamon bread is just not enough.


What a beautiful sight dough is, all risen! One difference this recipe had was mixing some of the cinnamon mixture in with dough. I really liked that idea because it gave more cinnamon flavor to the bread.

Another difference about this recipe that I enjoyed was using water instead of butter to make the cinnamon mixture stick. Just use a spray bottle before and after you sprinkle your cinnamon mixture on. Easy enough and less fattening. One last thing that was great was sprinkling the cinnamon mixture on top of the loaf as well. The cinnamon mixture is incorporated anywhere it fits. Great, I say!

P.S. You can also drizzle icing on top of your loaf.

Sounds like this one might be a winner!

 It was so tasty. We ate it for breakfast. My kids loved it! The only thing I will say was the other recipe I use was a little more moist. Next time I might try incorporating the two recipes. Great pick! I will take the second loaf to my cousin who just had her baby. Congrats to her!

A Tip & A Question:
  1. Use your bread pan as a guide line for how wide to make your dough rectangle.
  2. In this recipe they had you mold the dough with your hands into a rectangle. Why not use a rolling pin?

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. I also wondered why they didn't say to use a rolling pin. Seems so much easier to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart decision to make two loaves! What a great gift to give!

    ReplyDelete