Thursday, November 15, 2012

Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake

Week 45

This week it was Amanda's turn to host. She choose Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake. Recipe on page 311 of our book.

First, I have to apologize for my late post this week. I kinda forgot about baking this week. Don't ask me how, but I was planning on making the cheese cake for a party on Saturday night. On Tuesday realized that the cheese cake was due the next day so that idea bombed. I decided to serve it to my guests on Wednesday night which left no time to do my blog because we were up late playing games.

WE LOVE GAMES! :)

How could you not be excited about this recipe. Our baking book has done an absolutely amazing job putting together pumpkin baked recipes. Every one that we have made so far has been delicious, so the cheesecake should be just as good. That is if the baker (me) does things right.


Oh, yes, I did a great job! Did you know that when I was a kid any baking with pumpkin in it was not something I would ever bite into. Kids have so much to learn...as I did.:) The cheese cake was perfectly smooth and creamy with just the right amount of spices. The crust was yummy but became a bit soggy from the cheese cake. I am not sure how to avoid that but think it would taste better with a bit more crunch from the crust. Whip cream to top it all off! Just as you would do for a pie.


Can't say that I have ever heard of this technique before. It was a good idea to suck the moisture out of the pumpkin using paper towels and a cookie sheet. No one likes runny cheese cake. The only thing was the pumpkin had endless moisture. You can see this by my many layers of paper towels in the picture above.




As I was beating all the ingredients together a helper appeared the in kitchen.







Cheese Cake, Cheese Cake, Cheese Cake!!! 
&
Games!!!

Our guests really enjoyed it and I sent half of it to work with my husband hoping that his employees would enjoy it as much. Thanks Amanda for hosting. Please click HERE if your a cheese cake lover. If your not it is still worth it.

A Tip & A Question:
  1. I think the book said them all.
  2. How do you keep the graham cracker crust crunchy?

3 comments:

  1. jen that looks awesome! and that little helper is just so cute! ;) sometimes if you bake the grham cracker crust just a little big like toast it before you put the filling on it stays a litttle more crunchy, one time i made a cheese cake and thats what it told me to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, that's the thing I did pre bake the crust and it was still soggy.

      Delete
  2. I like the cute little helper.
    You sure have learned alot!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete