Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Buttermilk Biscuits

Week 47

This week was Betsy's turn to host. She choose Buttermilk Biscuits. Recipe on page 29 of our book.


They may look a little deformed but don't let that deceive you. :)They were still good, with a crispy shell and a soft middle that fell apart. I am sure you wondering why the shape didn't turn out as planned by the book, or maybe your not because you don't own the book. Anyways...

It's been a really crazy week here trying to keep on top of things with any extra baby around. On Tuesday night I realized that my baking needed to get done. Cozy was being the great little helper she is, wanting to pour and stir all the ingredients. While cooking dinner, feeding the baby, and trying to keep everyone happy I miss read the amount of milk that was to be added. I added 1 1/2 cups instead on 1 1/4 cups.


As you can see kneading my dough wasn't working very well. What a mess! Oh, and by the way, that is homemade granola in the background. Added to my list of things that I was doing at the same time. 

It is the best granola ever! It's all my Mom made growing up. We ate it on top of yogurt.


I really couldn't throw away all those ingredients mixed together. Plus my husband had a taste of the dough and insisted I bake them anyway, so this was my solution. It worked really well other then my counter was a sticky mess.



Hot out of the oven with your choose of butter and jam or butter and honey. My kids have been eating them for every meal today. 

Click HERE for the recipe.

A Tip & A Question:
  1. Always double check your ingredients.
  2. N/A

4 comments:

  1. I am glad they worked out anyway! I am in need of a great granola recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen this is awesome! whos baby do you have!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janelle. The baby belongs to a friend of ours. They are in Hawaii, so we are trending him while they are gone.

      Delete