Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Apple Dumplings

Week 43

This week it was Emily's turn to host. She choose Apple Dumplings. Recipe on page 485 of our book.


I feel like this was a cheat week. Yes, I baked but the dough was store bought refrigerated crescent rolls, which, I am happy to say, I have never bought before.  
After reading the recipe book I got the impression that the bakers could not find a good dough recipe for Apple Dumplings. I guess Pillsbury could. Hope I am not the only one that finds this weird. Professional bakers resorting to refrigerated store bought dough because they couldn't invent their own.
 Oh well, it did make for a nice easy baking week, which I am sure everyone is grateful for.


The only problem I had was making the sauce. It wasn't thick enough. In-fact after heating it as directed the sauce was still just plain old apple cider. I ended up adding a couple teaspoons of corn starch. It soon become the perfect thickness.


The result was amazing. They were so good! A perfect desert when your in a rush or just don't have a lot of time.
P.S. I forgot to fold the dough over for a thicker layer. That is probably why I have so much extra on the top. At least it still worked. :)

Click HERE for the recipe especially if your an apple fan.

A Tip & A Question:
  1.  When in doubt buy your dough.
  2. N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment