Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bran Muffins


Week 2
This week's host was Valerie she choose Bran Muffins. Recipe on page 40 of our book. 


To be honest, I am surprised that a lot of us were intimidated and not excited about this recipe. We love bran muffins in our home. It is a great way to get fiber in your diet while still enjoying the moist fluffiness of a muffin. In this case I was nervous to try a new recipe because some bran muffins turn out pretty awful tasting. We have ours that we stick to and love. A couple of things I changed was using vanilla yogurt instead of plain and leaving out the raisins because I am not a big fan of raisins in baked goods.

I am thrilled to say how happy my kids and I were with this recipe. It was just as good or even better then the recipe I usually use. My little girl kept saying hmm hmm as she ate them. It was so cute.

A Tip & A Question: 

  1. Spread muffins with butter and dip in real maple syrup or spread jam on top! 
  2. Could you use natural bran instead of the cereal?

No comments:

Post a Comment