Sunday, January 15, 2012

Simple Cheese Quiche


Week 1

This week's host was Clare. I am glad she was first in line. She choose Quiche on pages 72-74. I baked the Simple Cheese Quiche on page 72 using the pie crust on page 362.


This choice was intimidating to me because I have never made a pie crust before or Quiche. Now that I am finished my comments are very positive. The pie crust turned out amazing. Hmm so good! It was a long process to make a pie crust. Luckily I left a lot of time for myself. Other then time it wasn't to difficult. Making a perfect circle with the dough was most challenging for me. The Quiche was simple to put together and makes a great meal anytime of day. If my husband was a Quiche fan I would make it again. I decided to serve my first dish to my company New Years Eve. It was a hit! I thought the help would be needed in eating it but my son and I finished it off the next day, no problem.


A Tip & A Question:
  1. Don't tuck pie crust under pie plate rim. It makes it to hard to serve. 
  2. How do you get the spices to not clump together? (See picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment