Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Boston Cream Cupcakes

Week 3

This week's host was Amanda she choose Boston Cream Cupcakes. Recipe on page 246 of our book.


For some reason I am usually skeptical or intimidated of every week's recipe. It is three weeks into our baking and I have loved every recipe so far. This means our online baking club is really good for me because it gets me out of my baking comfort zone. This week, needless to say, I was not excited about the boston cream cupcakes. My experience with "boston cream" has only been with boston cream donuts. I am not a fan. At this stage in the picture above I was happy with just the cupcake. . .


They look beautiful and tasted wonderful! I thought the book gave great step by step directions for this recipe. It made it easy for me to follow. Although, with so many steps and different parts to the recipe it took a long time to complete the entire cupcake. I will make them again but not if I am feeling lazy or in a time crunch. I was also surprised that I had a perfect amount of cream and chocolate. No leftovers and enough to cover and fill every one. I even made 14 muffins instead of 12. That's the way I like my baking to go! Along those lines I have to make one comment about discarding the bottom half of the cone when you cut into the cupcake to fill it with the cream, not a fan. I don't know what you would do with the leftovers other then eat them though. They were defiantly a treat because we couldn't eat more then one at a time. My husband took some over to his parents and brother and they were gone in 10 minutes. I amuse that means they were yummy. This yummy teat was enough to have in the house at once so we decided to use them as my birthday cake.


We had sick kids all weekend so you will have to excuse my beauty. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
(January 11)

P.S. Don't you love our makeshift nine? LOL

A Tip & A Question:
  1. Not sure. . .they are really good chilled.
  2. Why did they still stick to the pan when I greased and floured it? (My guess is I own crappy muffin tins)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I would think that's a great idea for the cake! I used two different muffin tins, one they came out really easy an the other was a bit of an issue, so I am blaming my muffin tin for that since I did the same thing on both of them. I cheated and used the spray with flour in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen!
    They look great!
    YOU look great!
    I love your creative '9'!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete