Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls

Week 28

This week's host was Valerie she chose Cinnamon Rolls. Recipe on page 90 of our book.


What can you say about "Right Out of the Oven Cinnamon Rolls"? Yummy Yummy, all that gooey, cinnamon sweetness rolled together with icing to top it off. If that doesn't bring every one to the kitchen I don't know what will.

We just made Cinnamon Bread a couple weeks ago and now we are making Cinnamon Rolls. You don't here me complaining. This recipe was really simple and took the afternoon to make it which means they were finished at dinner time. Can you guess what we at for dinner?


Just one tablespoon butter along with brown sugar, cinnamon, and allspice. The recipe wanted us to use our fingers to get a 12" x 16" rectangle. I remember following those instructions in a previous recipe. I still can't figure out why we can't use a rolling pin. As you can tell a rolling pin was used and it made the job cleaner and faster. 

Tip

Great way to cut your cylinder into perfect sized soon to be cinnamon rolls. Cut into two, cut each half into two and continue process until desired size is met.


Here they are right out of the oven. You can tell my two end pieces, but I am not sure what happen to the two in the middle. It's like they unraveled upwards in the oven. 

At this point I was excited to see if they would really pull apart as indicated in the book.


 I didn't get a picture but they pulled apart beautifully and half the batch was gone in 15 minutes. Everything about this recipe was great. The icing was basic other then the cream cheese added which made it extra creamy.

My hubby complimented on my baking/cooking and how it's improved. I have this group to thank for that! I also think this was one of his favorites because he said the rolls tasted like the ones from a baker shop. That made my day! We'll be making these again for sure. :)

A Tip & A Question:
  1. See above picture titled "Tip"
  2. N/A

5 comments:

  1. Glad everyone liked them. I wonder why you can't use a rolling pin either. If you ever find out let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are perfect! I am glad someone else is enjoying the group as much as I am! I feel like it's making me better too, I learn new things every week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEN THESE LOOOK AMAZING!!! are the gooy on the inside??? the one i have doesnt make them gooy! and i love gooy ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! I am with you on the rolling pin rebellion. I use one all the way!! I really don't understand the logic behind using our fingers when we have a perfectly good rolling pin sitting in our kitchens! :)

    ReplyDelete